Before the a** crack of dawn tomorrow, I’ll be packing up the essentials and driving a cool 14 hours to Door County, Wisconsin for our annual family vacation. Cousins, nature, s’mores, beach, a much needed break from work complete with a forecast of absolutely not bringing my blackberry, YAS QUEEN BRING IT. But first, I’ve gotta get there. By myself, with a Wendell, and a podcast or 60. So, I’m tossing a few of my favorite things in the best weekender bag ever created and crossing my fingers. Make sure you’re following along on Instagram and Snapchat to get all the BTS looks at all the summer shandy’s I’ll be enjoying!
I look like an absolute heated mess after every road trip so beauty products are a must – especially a refreshing spray like this rose water one. Not into the floral scent? No big. These Evian facial sprays are equally as bad ass.
- Cooling eye gels are also a must when I’m on the road. Toss a pair of oversized sunglasses on and no one will be the wiser. Multitasking at its finest, ladies.
- Perhaps the most important of the beauty products: SPF. Just because you’re in your car doesn’t mean you’re safe. I know you’ve seen those images of truck drivers and their sun exposure. Lather up. This SPF oil is light enough for a full day of comfortable wear.
- Make sure you’ve packed these essentials in a readily accessible pouch so you’re not fumbling around while driving.
- I’m heading out there for over a week but to be honest, I’ll probably end up wearing similar versions of the same outfits. Cute. Luckily, most of my life fits in this weekender so I can save a little trunk space.
- These facial cleansing towelettes double as great car cleansing wipes, as well. There’s nothing worse than a sticky steering wheel, bleh. They’re natural and super refreshing.
- My hair is equally, if not more of a disaster than my face when I end up at my destination. But a few spritzes of this holy grail product and I’m back in business.
- A car charger with multiple USB ports (for my iPhone and mophie case), and an outlet plug is a no-brainer on a trip like this one.
- I survive on Podcasts during these drives. Planning on catching up on a few of my favorites: Serial S2, This American Life, and Stuff You Should Know.
- To navigate traffic and avoid major delays I count on Waze. You guys should definitely check this one out if it’s new to you. There’s a quick sign up process but it’s worth the hassle.
And of course the (un)healthy snacks and Wendell essentials! Do you have any additional suggestions? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!